As you get older, your skin changes. The metabolism in your cells becomes slower, and this can change the appearance of your skin. Not only do you start to lose elasticity and plumpness with age, but your skin can also become dryer and more sensitive.
It’s not harder to take care of mature skin, but you do have to edit your skincare routine, so your skin always looks its best. Here are eight make-up tips perfect for mature skin.
EIGHT Make-Up Tips for MATURE skin!
- Keep the foundation light and have a good primer. With aging skin, a full-coverage foundation can look heavy and highlight fine lines once it dries down. The best type of foundation for mature skin is a lighter foundation coupled with a good primer. Select a foundation that is thin but buildable, and pair it with a quality primer such as Laura Geller Spackle Under Make-Up Primer.
LAURA GELLER NEW YORK Spackle Skin Perfecting PrimerPerfect for Smoothing Skin Texture, Mature Skin & Dull Skin in need of a natural, radiant glow with no makeup necessary.
- Don’t match your foundation perfectly to your skin. Unfortunately, as you age, your skin can grow more pallid, which means matching your foundation exactly to your skin can make you look a little pasty or flat. Break up with the idea that you have to match your foundation perfectly with your skin, and instead consider selecting a shade a little warmer than your skin tone or mixing your exact match with the next darkest shade. Giorgio Armani’s Luminous Silk Foundation has a light, buildable coverage that will leave your skin looking flawless.
Reveal your inner light. Inspired by charmeuse silk, The Fabric of Emperors, this luminous foundation glides on weightlessly for a flawless lit-from-within glow. improves texture and blurs imperfections
- Take care of your under-eyes. Under-eye bags are a result of your natural fat production under the eye weakening and settling in the lower eyelid. The best way to reduce the look of under-eye bags is to make sure you get enough sleep every night and avoid foods and drinks that can cause swelling. CosRx Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream is a cream that can reduce the appearance of under-eye bags and prevent dryness. It’s also perfect for sensitive and mature skin.
- Apply blush to the top of cheekbones and not the apples. The smile-to-apply-blush method has been tooted as universal, but as you age, it doesn’t work as well. Instead, apply blush to the top of your cheekbones and then blend. This will lift your face. Stila’s Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream has a creamy texture and a non-greasy formula, perfect for achieving a natural glow.
Stila’s lipstick and blush-in-one proves irresistible. Nongreasy, this creamy, sheer tint adds a natural glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color.
- Lightweight false eyelashes or curled natural lashes. You want to open your eyes up, so heavy eyelashes won’t cut it. You also need to curl your natural lashes as well. Some of the best light-weight false eyelashes are Ardell’s Cluster Wispies Demi Wispies. Not only are they lightweight, but they also offer a naturally fuller look, perfect for day and night.
These feathery, beautiful strip lashes are made of super-soft, extra-fine fibers with criss-cross layering that adds just-right volume to your natural eyelashes while giving a fluttery, flared-feathery effect. Get instant intensity with a pretty, natural-looking wispy effect with our iconic style, Demi Wispies! Perfect for falsies-lovers who want to achieve light yet impressive eyes.
- Line your lips. As you age, the border of your lips softens, and your lipstick can bleed, highlighting any wrinkles around your mouth and also making you look older than you are. No one wants that, so the best course of action is to make sure you line your lips before applying your lipstick. E.l.f.’s Lip Brush is perfect for this, and it comes in dozens of different shades.
Create defined and enhanced lips that are blended to perfection. The smooth gliding pencil applies color precisely and accurately with no sharpening needed. The soft taklon bristled brush aids in blending the color evenly and naturally for a beautiful bitten lip look.
- Invest in new eyeliner. Let’s face it, your skin is different now than it was in your twenties, and unfortunately, you can’t keep using the same products. The best eyeliner for aging skin is one that is gentle, long-lasting, and won’t crease or tug during the application process, such as the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil.
AWARD-WINNING EYELINER – Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencils are award-winning waterproof eyeliner pencils that deliver intense, long-wearing color that won’t budge.
- Use cream eyeshadows over powder. Finally, switch out all of your powdered eyeshadow for creamy varieties. Cream eyeshadows are kinder to mature skin because they sink into the skin rather than sit on top of it. Plus, they won’t crease or clump throughout the day. Charlotte Tilbury’s Eyes to Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow offers several warm shades to perfectly accent the color and shape of your eyes while also moisturizing your eyelids with Vitamin E.
Cream Eyeshadows With Soft-focus Illuminating Pigments That Smooth Over Imperfections.
Your skin changes as you get older, which means using the same make-up tips and tricks from your twenties isn’t going to cut it anymore. The best types of products for aging skin are those that are moisturizing and gentle. To reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles while still maintaining a natural, fresh glow, stick to creamy make-up formulas enriched with antioxidants and vitamins.
This article was taken from Cherie to make it available to all, credit to user @Minnieee.